Saturday, December 22, 2007

Watching Movies and Feeling Better

Lately I've been watching Paprika, by Satoshi Kon (who also did some of my other favorite Anime movies), over and over and remembering why I started watching Anime in the first place. The art is just so amazing. Watch the trailer, you'll see.



So I decided to make a list of some of my other favorite Anime movies, just for fun.

Tekkon Kinkreet (the most amazing art direction)
Akira (makes my brain hurt)
Perfect Blue (Satoshi Kon)
Tokyo Godfathers (Kon again...)
Howl's Moving Castle, My Neighbor Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service, Porco Rosso
(and, let's face it, pretty much anything that comes out of Studio Ghibli)
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust (NOT the first movie, which was AWFUL)
Blood: The Last Vampire (since we're on the topic)
Cowboy Bebop: The Movie
FLCL (okay, okay, it's a series and not a movie, but it's so good)
Memories (Trippy Triple Feature)
Steamboy (I'm waaay into steampunk culture).

I'm sure there's a ton more of these, but I gotta get to work ;)

No comments: