Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas...

...was fine. The Sunday before Christmas I closed one show on a matinee and managed to come to the last game of frisbee for the first time in FIVE WEEKS (I used to play every Sunday with a group of friends, but the show preempted most of that). I played decently for supposedly being so out of shape. I guess going up and down all those flights of stairs to adjust the projector paid off.

I had to work on Christmas Eve which was a little stressful, but it went by fast because we were SO busy. Seriously, I got there at 11 am and didn't look up until 4. It was fun yelling at customers in the last five minutes, though. "CAN I HELP ANYONE FIND ANYTHING? WE'RE CLOSING NOW! BETTER GET YOUR STUFF UP HERE BEFORE WE CLOSE!" Kind of awesome. Then I came home and ate, wrapped presents and went to bed. Cj and I got a nice fireplace set for my parents because my dad has burned his hand god knows how many times shoving in logs. My sisters got a pillbox with mushrooms and a little gnome on top of it, and a little Egg that is secretly a planter(called an Eggling). You just crack the egg open and pour in some water and a mint plant grows.

As for me, I got a few cool clothing pieces that will come in handy if I ever make it to the interview stage of my MFA applications and a couple of gift cards (which, in true Gina fashion, I have spent already).

The present I am MOST excited about, stereotypically, is that I get a visit to my favorite salon and hairdresser to get my hair professionally colored. I NEVER do this.

Since then I've been back to working on my hour-and-a-half-commute show six hours a day. Yesterday I came home to a surprise - my friend Tony was in town! I had completely forgotten, with all my madness. He brought me two of the hugest, nicest fabric bolts I've ever seen. Then we played Rock Band until he had to leave. It was a great way to end a day.

In closing, Cj showed this to me on 4chan and I thought it was a fitting holiday-ish thing to end on.

No comments: