I'm on Vicodin, so this is actually not as devastating as I thought it would be.
"We regret to inform you that all spots for the 2008-2009 school year have been filled. We encourage you to apply again next year." - CalArts.
Good things about this:
1. I won't incur any more debt to pile on top of Cj's (MFA programs so spensive!)
2. I won't have to move immediately away as more and more of my friends move nearby.
3. I can continue working with the people I like working with up here.
4. There is still the possibility that I will get that grant I applied for.
1. I will not be able to teach college in three years.
2. I don't get to move to a new place.
3. I will not make a great deal of new professional contacts in a small amount of time.
4. There is no guarantee that I will get to direct anything in the near future that I don't have to spend my own money to put on.
5. If I want to move out of my parent's house, I will either have to get the grant I applied for, or I will have to get a new day job that pays a lot more money and possibly has nothing to do with theater.
6. There is no guarantee I will get the grant I applied for.