Saturday, August 25, 2007

Been putting off another entry for a variety of reasons, so here's one.

So Kacey (my college roommate)came and went, and we did fun things like going to a winery, playing miniature golf, and seeing Flogging Molly (which rocked). I might go down and visit her in a while to get a look at CalArts and see the show she's working on, but that's a ways off yet.

I had a meeting today with Anais Mitchell to chat about theater (specifically the musical kind). I saw her open for Ani Difranco a little ways back and she had mentioned she's working on a folk opera called "Hadestown". I really liked the song she played so I contacted her manager to see if she was looking for somebody to write the book. She said she had already gotten to the point that it'd be odd to have someone new come in, but that we should get together anyway and see what's what. It was a nice meeting - it's always fun to talk about theater with people - and even though there's nothing immediate coming out of it you never know what'll happen in the future.

She's great, by the way. You should buy her album.

I really need to start working on MFA apps, though. Time keeps ticking by.

No comments: