Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Feelin Loopy

Yesterday morning I woke up with a little bit of a stuffy nose, as sometimes happens in my house (central heating + closed doors = dry nasal passages). I felt okay teaching my sections, but by the end of the second one I was blowing my nose quite a lot. I left my 12:00 class a few times to blow my nose, but other than that I was ok. I saw a professor I'm supposed to have had a meeting with today and asked her if we were still on, then I sat down in my office for a little while I waited for my lunch to microwave. Then I started feeling not so good. By the time I was halfway through my 3 hour afternoon workshop I was feeling really woozy, a bit achey, and just generally not quite all there. But I pressed on, because as one of my professors admonished me, "We are theater professionals. We do not make excuses." And she's right. I felt a bit foolish telling her I was sick after that.

So, I finished up my class and collapsed in the car on the way home. As soon as I got there I emailed professors telling them I was sick and couldn't come to school tomorrow, I canceled my meeting, and collapsed in bed. Cj woke me up three hours later and took my temperature and it was up over 102 degrees. Over the course of the night it got up to 103.4, and I briefly considered going to the emergency room, but instead took Advil and that seemed to bring it down a little. Basically I slept for the rest of the night and most of the morning, and have been lying on the couch ever since. I feel a little bit better, but not enough to go to school or even go to my haircut appointment that I've been wanting for weeks. :( Basically, I'm having a pretty shitty time of it, but oh well. That's life.

I'm still waiting to hear whether or not I have a job this summer, but I'm a little glad they haven't called me yet. At this point it's not certain I would be very coherent.

No comments: