Sunday, February 18, 2007

Valentines Day and Beyond

I had two different valentines days this year.

Since I had a pickup rehearsal for the dance concert on actual Valentines day, Cj surprised me Monday night with a super nice dinner of homemade bruschetta and pesto pasta. He even made the pesto himself. It was really romantic, but MAN did we both smell like garlic afterwards. :)

Then on the actual day of my mom left us both little presents before she went to work. Cj got a tin of cookies and a $25 gift certificate to Baja Fresh, and I got a $25 gift certificate to cold stone, a brides magazine, and Marie Antionette.



I was pretty happy. It's the little things, you know?

The dance concert closed last night, and I'm so happy with how it turned out. Even if people didn't know the story of Prometheus Bound, they either still liked the piece or looked up the story afterwards so they could figure out what was going on. There were even some people in the audience explaining the story to their friends while the dance was happening. I don't have a lot of pictures at the moment, but here's one that a professional photographer took:



And somehow, even though I'm not a dancer and was never really formally trained, I've been tapped to work on this Italian Renaissance dance piece that one of my professors is doing. Go figure. He said he basically wanted me to oversee the production and help develop multiple aspects of it - he said he wasn't sure what to call me, but that it would be something like Production Manager (not Stage Manager). There's a showing of it in Berkeley at a benefit concert for the band that's doing the music. Then a bit into next quarter there's another showing on campus in a completely different space, and part of my job would be making the performance work in both spaces. Anyway, I'm really excited about it even though it's going to take up a lot of time and I won't really be able to do any other productions.

I'm finished with my midterms and all seems to have gone well. I'll have to wait and see, but I'm pretty sure I got good grades on everything... now all I need to do is help my students pass THEIR midterm this next week. There's only a little bit left in school, so I'll have the auditions for that spring dance show, then my sisters are coming to visit, then finals. Hopefully after that, it's off to Vegas for Spring Break. It'd be the first real spring break vacation I've ever had (not counting Spring Break Toronto. Because as fantastic as that was, any Spring Break where you feel like your nose is going to fall off is kind of not an authentic Spring Break).

So that's what's been going on. I'm in the process right now of applying to work at a shakespeare festival over the summer, but it's really competetive. I still don't know if Cj got into his Master's program either, so we're waiting on that as well... a lot of things are up in the air right now - Whether I get in, whether he gets in, whether or not he'll get an assistantship so we can pay for rent... and ultimately, whether or not we get married anytime soon. It's a lot to have floating around, but at least most of it's going to be resolved in the next couple of months.

No comments: