Thursday, June 15, 2006

Grumpy's Pizza

It's been an hour and a half and the Domino's pizza is not here.

I called the guy 20 minutes ago to let him know the pizza wasn't here, and he said, "Oh, yes, it's on it's way." So I, feeling that there is no more to say, hang up.

More time goes by.

I call up again. "It's been over an hour and my pizza still isn't here."

"What? It's here."

"What?"

"You wanted it for pickup, yes?"

"For DELIVERY." I very specifically always start my conversations with pizza places with, "Yes, I'd like to order a pizza for delivery."

There is a very long silence in which it is clear that he is trying to think of something to say that will not make me more pissed off. "I have to make another one... 20 minutes."

"FINE. But I won't get charged for the second pizza, RIGHT?"

"Well, it's the same order... I just have to make a new one. This one's kind of cold."

I realize that I sound very self-righteous, and that it is ridiculous of me to get so upset over such things. But I am very tired. And I am very hungry. So I consume a tub of tapioca and wait some more.

No comments: