Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Update

Okay, so here's the sitch (ugh. cringing even as I write the word).

Desperate in my search for a job that does not entail food service, I have succumbed to the charms of the Annual Fund, a student service for the college which calls up parents and alumni and asks them for money. I had a primary interview and orientation yesterday, including a phone interview where the interviewer pretended to be an alumni and I had to ask her for money. Tomorrow I have a meeting with the Director of the Division (dress shirt time) and then, if he likes me, I have training on Thursday and Friday night. I'd get paid $7 an hour with bonuses on every contribution the fund recieves through me. So more like $9 or so. Pretty good, if I do say so myself.

In the meantime, I have an 8-10 page paper due Thursday for my Dramatic Arts Class on the theme of love and treatment of women in three plays: A View From the Bridge by Arthur Miller, Much Ado about Nothing, and Taming of the Shrew, and a possible audition to be a singer in a band who says it's influences include Incubus, Coldplay, and U2. Craaaazy.

No comments: