Monday, January 11, 2010

Once more into the fray

A new year, a redesign, a promise to myself to write more here and in general. Hopefully I'll keep that promise to myself.

So what's been going on? I worked on a few plays and directed two, my husband and I moved into a new house (technically a mobile home), with my former college roommate Kacey, and I got offered a full-time gig at a theater in my home town. It doesn't start until February, but still... Hooray! Also I'm in the process of applying to graduate school for the third time (MFAs in Directing are hard to come by, it seems), and I'm learning how to play the ukulele.

Currently I'm Assistant Directing on a great play that is giving me all sorts of inspiration to write poetry again, which I haven't done in I-don't-know-how-long.


poem to a daughter not born

the day after the phone rang
i rose up out of bed
and put a handprint on the wall
to show that i was going
and traced the map of lines
and lives
and watched the sun expire

i sort of sang then, to myself
oh holy, holy, holy
to find my way through blood
and bone
to fight my way on back to you
to find the place beneath the stone
beneath the dirt
where you have gone


No comments: