Sunday, March 29, 2009

True Story

Today I was driving to work and suddenly I was surrounded by butterflies, swarming across the highway. There was a song on the radio with the chorus "When you see that flying saucer you better start to pray, cause when you see that flying saucer it may be the Judgement Day."

The butterflies were flying in pairs. Everyone was driving slowly, but every time one of those butterflies made a little thunk against the windshield I cringed.

And I was thinking to myself, "I could be out in that field walking through a cloud of butterflies, but instead I am crushing them on my windshield to go work and sit in a room for three and a half hours with a bunch of kids who don't want to be there.

At work a girl's car caught on fire in the parking lot. We sat in the classroom and listened to the sirens wail up the street, then to the fireman chopping off the hood to douse the flames.

It was a weird day.

No comments: