Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Some Happenings...

I have now officially gone through three Hamlets and am on my fourth. Now you might think this is because of something I'm doing. Let me explain [Note the changing genders].

This little Hamlet politely declined our casting offer because her schedule had changed and she was no longer able to commit to the rehearsals.

This little Hamlet auditioned, was offered the role on the spot, was extremely excited, and then was never heard from again. We're still debating whether or not he died.

This little Hamlet started out as another character, took over the role, and we re-cast her character. She missed one rehearsal, then missed the next one. When I emailed her to tell her if she missed another we'd have to recast her, she quit.

So now I am on Hamlet number 4, male. I called in a favor from a friend, so hopefully everything will work now.

--

The other night I drove home on my skinny little one lane street and turned the corner to find seven sheriff's cars, an ambulance, and a fire truck in the way. between two of the sheriff's cars was Cj's car. We were stuck there for a looooong time. Eventually they brought out the perp, stood around for a while having a meeting, then evvvveryone had to back out down the road into people's driveways before we could all drive home. Turns out that the only cars that were stuck there were mine, Cj's, and the boyfriend of the girl who lives above us. So only our house was affected by the stupidity of the dude down the road.


--

I had a chance to apply for an internship with the off-broadway production of Coraline. I know. But things are going really well with my company here, I just got promoted at work, and it wouldn't be a paid position. So I retracted my application. Sad. But I know a couple of the other people who are applying for it, and they'd be good too.

I interviewed today at a company in town for a front office position. It doesn't pay well, but it doesn't pay badly. But they said the part of the ad where they mentioned part time work going to full time in a month wasn't really right, and that they were looking for someone who wants to be full time right away. Also, all of the interview questions were, "How busy can you be?" "What was the busiest moment at your last job?" "How many things can you juggle at once?" It also involves telemarketing. Which is why they wanted to interview me, I have experience.

If I take this job, we don't have to worry about money this summer when the test prep stuff dries up. But I also won't have any time to do theater.

We'll see if I'm even offered the position. But right now I'm not keen on taking it.

More later...

No comments: