Wednesday, September 03, 2008

More Post-Honeymoon Antics

So besides taking care of Cj during his horrific fever escapade, I dropped by our friend Joe's bakery (he did our wedding cake) on Sunday to help them move into their new space. Woo man it was a haul, from about 9 in the morning until 11:30 at night, but I have to say it was fun as hell. Even if I am still sore and bruised all to hell three days later.

Other than that, I've spent most of my post-honeymoon time going through wedding presents, writing thank you notes, and attempting to find space in closets and the shed to put it all. We really need to move out. But you all know all the problems with that one. I've put out a ton of resumes and made a bunch of calls, but nobody's biting. I'll just have to keep doing what I'm doing and get a few side projects in before the December due date for CalArts.

I went to the social security administration office yesterday to put in for a new card with my new name. I thought it was going to take FOREVER, like you would expect with a government office, so I put an hour on the meter and went inside. There were about 12 people sitting in chairs waiting to be helped, so I went "Great," then noticed there was a self-check in computer over in the corner. I punched a couple buttons and got my number, which was IMMEDIATELY called. I felt really bad walking by all those people sitting there waiting to get up to the front, specially since some of them looked disgruntled about it. But I was done in ten minutes, and I get a new card in ten days. Step one in the process done. I'm sure step 2 (DMV) is going to take a hell of a lot longer.

And finally, I cut my hair. Chopped it all off, like I said I was going to for months. Annnd.... it was a mistake. First time in my whole life I've regretted a hair cut, despite the fact that other people have told me it looks cute. I'll post pictures of it, but first I have to decide if I'm going to try and do anything with it to make myself feel better about it. It just makes me feel like a 12 year old, and not like a girl at all. Oh well.

No comments: