Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Puppy Update

So the vet decided to wait and do the surgery tomorrow instead of today.

She has to have surgery to remove a front tooth (and possibly more) - it was swollen last weekend and the people at the vet hospital I called said if it went down by the next day not to worry about it. It did go down, and then a couple days ago I was brushing her teeth (yes, I brush my dog's teeth, don't judge me) and noticed the front one was loose.

The vet thinks it's from some sort of blunt trauma. I think she ran into the fence outside trying to get through a hole that was too small for her, maybe cause she was chasing a bird. XD Anyway, they're also micro-chipping her and doing a tooth cleaning at the same time.

So today they did a regular checkup (her eyes are fine, her ears are itchy probably due to some sort of food allergy, she weighs 14 pounds which is way too much). They also stuck a thermometer up her butt, clipped her nails, and drew blood for tests. Now the last time I took her to the vet she almost bit the person when they were trying to take her temperature, and they had to put a tiny muzzle on her even though I was holding her. This time she wasn't happy, but she didn't thrash or whine. And when they took her into the back to take her blood and clip her nails they said she didn't even growl (although I could hear her whining through the door when they took her blood). I was so proud. She also let all the nurses pet her and pick her up. I guess we're doing something right.

She goes in for the surgery tomorrow morning at 8:30, I'll let you all know how it goes.

No comments: