Friday, February 08, 2008

Sicko Fodder

I called my insurance company today to see what the procedure was for sending in my Birth Control receipts (this is what the pharmacy said I needed to do). I talked to this woman who kept going "Ummmmm... Uh...." before she said anything, and when she did, it was "Oh, we don't cover BIRTH CONTROL prescriptions. Only MEDICALLY NECESSARY ones."

"Oh. Well, since I have you on the phone, I wanted to make sure that I'm covered for my gynecologist appointment." (It said in the brochure that gynecological care was covered)

"Ummm... Wellll... what state are you in? Oh, it looks like we only cover the Pap Test in California."

"Let me get this straight. You cover the Pap Test, but not the actual visit to the gynecologist?"

"Uhhh yeah. That's right."

"Oh."

They are such bastards. What, am I going to do a pap smear myself and then take it in to the lab? God. This is why girls get cervical cancer.

No comments: