Tuesday, February 03, 2004

My righteous anger.

Not too bitchy, right?

Dear IKEA representative,

I ordered several items off of IKEA-usa.com and was contacted a week later because one of the items I had ordered was out of stock. I replied that I would still like to go ahead with the rest of my order, and then had to wait another week for my request to be processed. I was subsequently told that, while my request was being processed, another item had gone out of stock. I once again replied that I would like to continue with the remainder of my order (what was left of it, anyway), had to wait yet ANOTHER week for it to be processed, and then was told once again that 2 other items on my order had gone out of stock, and that they were canceling my order, even though there was still another item on it.

For such a large company, it's sure taking you a long time to move into the digital age. I love IKEA's products and stores, but I am, shall we say, less than thrilled with the service I received on your website. The only reason I'm writing this is to express my displeasure and to let you know that your e-shop process is in need of a drastic overhaul. The kind of service you have now is going to lose you a LOT of customers.
I for one am still a fan of IKEA, but I will never again order from your website and since the closest store is several hours away, you are definitely losing a great deal of my business.

No comments: