Tuesday, August 12, 2003

Feeling Icky

It has become increasingly apparent that I should not have gone to school today.

I've been fighting a cold for a couple of days, and have stayed in bed or on the couch for most of the weekend. It's your standard stuff - plugged/runny nose, sore throat, headache, weakness/dizziness. Nonetheless, as I missed class on Thursday due to this odd bug, I felt that I had to drag myself out of bed and go to school. The first class was fine, as I was seated the entire time in the dark watching clips from movies. Furthermore, the class lasts only an hour. My second class, however, lasts 2 and a half hours, was in a hot room with no air conditioning right next to the parking lot (think constant car alarms) and I was standing the entire time (it's a drawing class). I frequently had to make an effort to keep myself upright. I stayed after class for about a half an hour to finish the drawing I was working on (I hate charcoal) while Cj went to work at the infamous cafeteria. I had told him that I would be sitting on a couch in front of the University Center, which during the school year stays open until late. Unfortunately, and unbeknownst to me, this meant the REGULAR school year. As in, summer classes don't count. Thus I was ejected from the building several hours before the end of Cj's shift. I don't feel safe walking back to the apartment by myself, so I drag myself (and my drawing board, several books, purse, etc.) over to the cafeteria and get one of the workers to flag down Cj so we can formulate a plan. So, as of now, I'm sitting in the Library typing this post and waiting until 7:30, at which point I will wait in the courtyard outside the cafeteria until Cj MIGHT be let out of work, unless they decide to keep him late... which they have on several occaisions. Oh well. At least I have all my homework done.

I need a hot bath and a nap.

No comments: