Monday, March 31, 2003

Terrible Night

is the only title I can think of for this post. Last night, after settling back in to the dorms (four loads of laundry, unpacking, cleaning out closet etc.) a bunch of us ordered chinese food from this place we know nearby. We all sat around eating until about 9 o'clock, then watched a movie and fooled around on the internet for a while. Finally Cj and I climbed into bed and watched Bowling for Columbine. Armed with the knowledge that America is full of ignorant people with all-too-easy access to guns, I promptly cried for a half hour. Eventually I fell asleep. At about 3 in the morning I woke up again to the sound of Cj throwing up into a trashcan. Probably the Chinese Food. He was up puking until 5 o'clock in the morning. Of course I'm not gonna let him go through something like that alone, so I made a bed on the floor (beanbags), set the trashcan next to his head, and tossed and turned uncomfortably until 8:30. By that time Kacey was up already, and Cj said he felt good enough to get in bed. I fell asleep again until 10 o'clock, when I got up and went to my 10:30 class. Unfortunately, it turns out it was a 10 o'clock class and I'd mixed up the time. Furthermore, the teacher didn't have enough handout copies, so I didn't get a syllabus and am completely confused about how the class is going to work and what's expected of me. The teacher did ask if anyone blogged, though, and I was the only one who raised my hand. So that's something. Anyway, I get back from class and talk to Cj, who is still having chills and getting dizzy, but plans on going to classes, rehearsals, and to change his work schedule anyway. All in all, it's been a terrible night and day. And it's only 12:00.

No comments: